Over the last two days, I finally got the chance to spend some time at Toccoa Falls College, where I'll be attending college starting in August.
This time last year, I did NOT want to go there. My thoughts on a Christian College were so:
"I've done the whole Christian school thing. I'm ready to move on"
Blah. Blah. Blah.
My thoughts changed, however, once I really started looking for a college over the summer. My mom kept talking about how wonderful the school sounded, and what amazing things they were doing there, but I was still closed off to any thoughts about that college. My mom was not giving up though. She wasn't trying to persuade me one way or another. She wanted this to be my decision, and she trusted that I would choose what fit me, and what I thought was best for me.
ME. ME. ME.
This decision was all about me, and what I wanted to to with my life. It was going to be the way I wanted to live it, and that's that.
But is that really how life is supposed to be? As a Christian, am I called to live a life full of "me"? Or am I called to live a life worthy of what God is calling me to do; to follow HIS will for my life?
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2 NIV).
Why am I living a life full of me when I should be living a life full of Him?
God is blessing me with this amazing opportunity to gain and quality education, but also an education that will reflect in my life, and eventually in my job. Why would I pass that up?
It's all right there in front of me!!
Sure, my family my struggle some getting me there, but God will provide the things we need in order for His perfect will to be done! Philippians 4:19 declares that: "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
I'm here to tell you: you can try to run from what God wants you to do, but God runs faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment